EOS Coin Buying Instructions | Paypal, Credit Card & SEPA
Have you read through something about the EOS project and find it interesting? Then you probably have two questions: How and where can you buy EOS? In this article we will show you our preferred buying options from EOS and the safest way to "store" the cryptocurrency.
Are you late to buy EOS?
The EOS ICO officially ended in June 2018 and the cryptocurrency has only been publicly available for around a year. The public EOS blockchain should start in June and then started to build projects on it. The point is that the EOS project is still at a very early stage, while competitors like Ethereum have been around for a long time and many projects are already using their solutions. EOS, however, is still in the introductory phase.
Still, many in the cryptocurrency community were impressed by the EOS project and its technology, calling it the "Ethereum Killer". Time will tell whether the project will be successful or even replace Ethereum as the leading platform for application development. In terms of the expected success, EOS has already risen to become the fifth largest cryptocurrency.
EOS launched its ICO in June 2017 and was first traded on cryptocurrency exchanges in July 2017. The token was only $ 1,03. Since then, the project has skyrocketed, hitting all-time highs of $ 2018 in January 18,05. Since then, the price has fallen significantly, and at this point in time the coin can be bought for $ 2,89.
If you consider that the project is still in the introductory phase, it is not too late to buy EOS. The important thing is that you buy coins at a reasonable price and that you don't worry about being late or not.
How high could EOS go?
Nobody can predict the future of a cryptocurrency 100%. It is quite possible that the EOS project, for example, will fail and the coin will be absolutely worthless.
When it comes to the potential of a cryptocurrency, the team at BC1 likes to look at the ratings of competitors who the project is trying to outperform. Since EOS is an application development platform and is already Ethereum's strongest competitor, it is easy to see that EOS started the battle for supremacy with Ethereum.
Ethereum already showed in January 2018 that it is capable of reaching an unprecedented market capitalization of 139 billion US dollars. Let's imagine a scenario where the entire cryptocurrency market isn't growing and EOS takes over all of the market share and valuation of Ethereum. What could the coin be worth?
If EOS realizes its potential and becomes the largest application developer platform in the cryptocurrency space, then such returns are certainly out of the question. If cryptocurrencies are used even more widely in the future, then there is the potential for much higher returns. It all depends on whether public blockchain application developer platforms like EOS are adopted by the whole world.
Bitcoin-News.one cannot predict what the future will bring for EOS, but if EOS lives up to the expectations of the cryptocurrency community, the coin can actually be very valuable.
How to Buy EOS Coins - Our Top 3 Ways Briefly Explained
Which of the following options you choose is entirely up to you. It depends on what you are most comfortable with.
- How do you buy EOS coins with normal currency (e.g. USD, EUR & GBP)? To do this you need to have an account with Coinbase and a cryptocurrency exchange such as Binance. Unfortunately, there is no way to buy EOS through a single account.
- Our second method is for those who already own a cryptocurrency and want to trade it for EOS.
- The final method of getting exposure to EOS is through the CFD Broker IQ Option. This is actually the easiest way as you only need one account, you don't have to worry about wallets and you can deposit USD, EUR or GBP directly.
Buy EOS with USD, EUR or GBP
This method is perfect for those just getting started with cryptocurrency. To take the plunge, you must have an account on Coinbase and a cryptocurrency exchange invest. Even if that sounds a little complicated, our step-by-step guide will easily guide you through the process.
Buy with Crypto
The crypto veterans among you can skip the Coinbase chapter.
Create a Coinbase account
- History: Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is the world's most popular cryptocurrency exchange
- investors: Coinbase has strong investors such as venture capital company IVP, the New York Stock Exchange, and more
- Easy: Coinbase is known and loved for its easy to use user interface
- Minimum deposit: You can already invest in cryptocurrencies on Coinbase with amounts from € 6
- Regulated: Coinbase is one of the few cryptocurrency exchanges that is regulated
- Insurance: Client funds are insured and segregated
- Deposit methods: Credit / Debit Card, Wire Transfer and PayPal for US customers
- Tradable cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic. Litecoin, 0x and more coming
Do you need help setting up an account? Just take a look at our comprehensive Coinbase guide !
Now the first step is done and you are ready for your first cryptocurrencies. But you may be wondering where can I find EOS on Coinbase now? EOS itself is not available directly from Coinbase. To get EOS, you first need Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase and then send these coins to an exchange to buy with BTC or ETH EOS.
The fastest way to buy BTC or ETH on Coinbase
- Go to the Buy / Sell page on your account.
- Add a payment method to your Coinbase account.
- You can now choose between different payment methods: credit card payments or bank transfer. One factor to consider when making a decision is how badly you need your coins. A bank transfer has lower deposit fees, but it takes between 2 and 5 days for your cryptocurrencies to be credited to your Coinbase account.
- Option 2: You can deposit funds with a credit or debit card. You pay a fee of around 3%, but receive your coins directly.
Both methods are easy to perform and ensure that your money lands safely in your Coinbase account. After the deposit you will receive an email informing you when your deposit was successful.
- Once your account is funded, select Bitcoin or Ethereum in the Buy / Sell section.
- Enter the amount for which you want to buy Bitcoin, for example.
- As the payment method, select the currency wallet you have deposited into (in this example we used EUR).
- Complete your order by clicking “Buy”.
Do you want to buy cryptocurrencies even cheaper on Coinbase?
Then check out ours Coinbase Guide at. Here we show you how you can send your funds to the subsidiary Coinbase Pro with a little more effort. On Coinbase Pro you can save fees on every single purchase, trade or sending of coins.
Once you have successfully bought Ethereum or Bitcoin on Coinbase, you are ready for the next step.
Set up an EOS wallet
EOS is currently an ERC-20 token. This means that EOS can be stored in an Ethereum wallet. We recommend that you use MyEtherWallet. It's the most popular Ethereum wallet and it's completely free.
Use our step by step guide to Setup of MyEtherWallet.
Once your MyEtherWallet is set up and ready to go, you can get an overview. First, go to the “View Wallet Info” section of MyEtherWallet and log in. Click the "Show All Tokens" button.
Simply scroll through the list of tokens until you see EOS and click "Load" to view your token balance.
How can I store EOS in the safest possible way?
We like MyEtherWallet as a free way to store your EOS coins. However, there are many hackers targeting cryptocurrencies right now and this problem is likely to get worse as cryptocurrency prices increase. That means security should be taken seriously.
The most secure wallet on the market is currently a hardware wallet device. This will save your private keys on the device and protect them from attacks like keyloggers and Phishing attempts protected. For example, your computer can contain a ton of viruses, but with a hardware wallet, your crypto should be safe. Bitcoin-News.one recommends using hardware wallets, but in the end it is of course your decision whether you want to invest the money.
The good news is that the Ethereum-based EOS is compatible with the two most popular hardware wallets on the market. We currently use both a Trezor and a Ledger ourselves and are happy to recommend both devices. Do you need help choosing the most suitable hardware wallet for you? Just check out our comparison article Ledger vs Trezor
Do you need help setting up your ledger? Just take a look at our step-by-step guide.
Do you need help setting up your Trezor? Just take a look at ours Step-by-step instructions.
Create a Binance Account
By now you should have set up Ethereum or Bitcoin on Coinbase and your EOS wallet. Now is the time to set up your cryptocurrency exchange account so you can trade Bitcoin or Ethereum for EOS. The most popular cryptocurrency exchange in the world and for EOS is Binance. We don't believe that you can go wrong with Binance and therefore recommend the exchange to you.
- The largest exchange in the world: Binance has the highest crypto trading volume in the world.
- The one-stop shop: Over 100 different cryptocurrencies are available on the exchange.
- Easy to handle: The swap has received a lot of praise for being simple and straightforward.
- Customer support: Binance has invested in multi-language support.
Do you need help setting up a Binance account? Just take a look at our Binance Guide.
From Coinbase to Binance - Guide
You can start immediately as soon as your Binance account is set up. Whether you have your Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase or in another wallet, you need to send your coins to Binance to trade them for EOS.
- Log into your Binance account.
- Select "Funds" and click "Deposit".
- Make sure you select the cryptocurrency that you bought on Coinbase. If you choose the wrong cryptocurrency, you can lose your money!
- You will now see your Binance deposit address. This address is your new individual wallet address to which you will send your coins. Copy this address and go back to Coinbase. We used Bitcoin in the example.
- Log into Coinbase and go to the "Accounts" tab.
- Click on “Send” for the cryptocurrency from which you have just copied the wallet address (Binance).
- Paste your Binance deposit address into the recipient address field and enter the amount you wish to send.
- Click "Next" and complete the transaction. Your coins should appear on Binance shortly.
Do you have cryptos in another wallet?
- Just send your crypto to your Binance deposit address.
How do you trade Bitcoin or Ethereum for EOS on Binance?
- Make sure you are signed in to Binance and go to the homepage. You will then see a list of markets and various cryptocurrencies. First you need to choose the right market. Choose "BTC Markets" for Bitcoin or "ETH Markets" for Ethereum. Then enter "EOS" in the search box.
- The screen "Binance trading"appears. Select the" Market "button to buy the EOS coin at the current market price. Then enter the number you want to buy. Binance also gives you the option to use a percentage of your balance to buy cryptos to use.
- After clicking the “Buy EOS” button, your purchase will be confirmed and your EOS coins will appear in your account.
How do I send EOS to my wallet?
If you do not want to continue trading with EOS right away, we recommend that you keep EOS coins in a wallet. Binance is a natural target for hacker attacks and even if the exchange has top-notch security, you shouldn't take any chances.
- Log into your MyEtherWallet and copy your public address.
- Sign in to Binance.
- Navigate to Funds and click the Payouts button.
- Select EOS from the drop-down list, then paste your MyEtherWallet public address and enter the amount you want to withdraw.
Important: Binance charges a fee for processing withdrawals. The fees change regularly. However, you can see the current withdrawal fee for EOS-Coins here.
Perhaps the easiest way to buy and sell EOS.
Does our other method of buying EOS Coins sound too complicated or time-consuming? Or do you want to focus on trading instead? If so, then IQ Option could be the ideal solution for you. IQ Option is basically a contract with another broker, meaning you won't own EOS directly or have to worry about storing it; instead, you buy and sell contracts that are backed by EOS. This means that you know all the risks of EOS price fluctuations and can do so on a single account, which makes trading easier.
The advantages of IQ Option
- Unlike other cryptocurrency exchanges, IQ Option is regulated.
- There is a much wider variety of deposit options. For example, if you want to get in touch with NEO using payment methods like Skrill or rNeteller, then IQ Option is for you.
- Compared to other cryptocurrency exchanges, customer support at IQ Option is much better.
- With CFD brokers like IQ Option you don't have to worry about storage options for your cryptos, such as setting up wallets.
IQ Option details:
- Founded - IQ Option was founded in 2013.
- global presence - IQ Option has an amazing global presence that serves and counts 231 countries. With over 25 million registered users, you know that you are in good hands with one of the largest CFD brokers on the market.
- Tradable cryptocurrencies - IQ Option has the largest selection of cryptocurrencies offered by any CFD broker we know. These include: Ripple, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, NEO, Stellar, EOS, Dash, Ethereum Classic, Tron, OmiseGo, Qtum, Zcash and Bitcoin Gold. This makes IQ Option the perfect choice for anyone interested in the opportunity to invest in a wider range of cryptocurrencies.
- Lowest minimum deposit requirement - IQ Option gives everyone the opportunity to participate in cryptocurrency trading with a minimum deposit of $ 10.
- Deposit methods - IQ Option supports the following deposit methods: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, bank transfer, Skrill Neteller, Webmoney & more.
- Methods of customer support - Telephone, post and e-mail.
RISK WARNING: YOUR CAPITAL MAY BE ENDANGERED.
General risk warning: The financial products offered by the company carry high risk and could result in the loss of all of your funds. You should never invest money that you cannot afford to lose.
Acting seems difficult? - Find help!
The Bitcoin-News.one team can understand that trading cryptocurrencies can appear confusing and complicated. Therefore we provide some assistance for you:
1. Guide for beginners to daily trading in cryptocurrencies.
2. Understanding of technical analysis and trading strategies.
It is extremely important that you understand what you are doing before making a trade with a CFD broker. You are risking real money.
There you have our top 3 ways to buy EOS. We at Bitcoin-News.one are very excited about the potential of the project and are keen to see if EOS can be the 'Ethereum killer' it is believed to be. In order for EOS to really compete with Ethereum, it has to convince a significant number of cryptocurrency projects to build on EOS rather than Ethereum. The first signs are encouraging as the Top 100 cryptocurrencies have already stated that they want to build their product on the EOS blockchain. In 2018 there was an interesting battle between the application developer platforms and EOS has the opportunity to increase its dominance in the future.
Start on eToro, the test winner crypto broker from Bitcoin-News.oneSIGN UP NOW
Your capital is at risk. Not ready yet? Read our Etoro review.