NEO Coin Buying Instructions | Paypal, Credit Card & SEPA
You've probably heard of NEO heard and now want to be invested. Therefore, two questions probably come to mind: How can I buy NEO and where is it cheapest? In this article, we'll answer these questions and show you more tips and tricks with NEO.
NEO basic knowledge
The first thing you should know about NEO is that NEO was first traded on the stock exchanges on September 9, 2017, the price at that time was a few cents per coin. Since then, the project has seen rapid growth, reaching an all-time high of almost € 2017 per NEO coin in January 200.
The project will in English also "The Ethereum Killer" and called "The Ethereum of China". In German this means something like, the Chinese Ethereum, reasons for this: 1. NEO comes from China and 2. NEO is just like Ethereum a developer platform. This means that other people can create their own projects based on NEO technology. The system is still in its infancy, but it is already one of the largest Asian cryptocurrencies.
As always, it is important that you choose your entry point carefully and purchase your coins at a reasonable price.
What is NEO's potential?
The truth is that nobody really knows how much a cryptocurrency will be worth in the future. As long as you can't look into the future, you should expect everything.
NEO is a decentralized application development platform that "Smart ContractsNEO's publicly accessible blockchain gives application developers the opportunity to develop applications based on NEO. Thus, NEO is a direct competitor of Ethereum.
Ethereum's market capitalization is currently higher than NEO's, but this can of course change in the future.
Should NEO be accepted and used by commercial companies in the future, there is potential for high returns for investors. It all depends on when and if blockchain and smart contract technology is used on a large scale around the world.
We will only know in a few years whether this will be the case and how much a NEO coin could be worth in 5 years is still in the stars. What we do know, however, is that if the company succeeds in creating a new smart economy, then a single NEO could grow tremendously in value.
How to buy NEO
We are now giving you a guide on how to buy NEO easily and cheaply.
Our first option is great for those who are new to the cryptocurrency market and want to buy NEO with a fiat currency such as euros. This method also shows you how to keep your coins safe afterwards. This includes setting up one Coinbase account and an individual wallet. You can even do this with a special NEO wallet.
Another method is for those who already own Bitcoin or Ethereum and want to exchange this cryptocurrency for NEO. In this case we will show you the easiest exchange process.
The last way to get NEO is through a CFD broker. This allows you to exchange your fiat currencies for NEO securities directly.
CFD: A CFD ("Contract For Difference") is a contract supported by NEO. This means that in principle you "own" NEO and are therefore exposed to the price fluctuations of the crypto currency without actually having the crypto currency in a wallet.
Buy NEO with cryptos
If you already own other cryptocurrencies and have a Coinbase account, then just skip the next steps.
Buy NEO with euros
If you actually own NEO and want to keep it in a private wallet, there are a few more steps you need to take.
Create a Coinbase account
- History: Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is the world's most popular cryptocurrency exchange
- investors: Coinbase has strong investors such as venture capital company IVP, the New York Stock Exchange, and more
- Easy: Coinbase is known and loved for its easy to use user interface
- Minimum deposit: You can already invest in cryptocurrencies on Coinbase with amounts from € 6
- Regulated: Coinbase is one of the few cryptocurrency exchanges that is regulated
- Insurance: Client funds are insured and segregated
- Deposit methods: Credit / Debit Card, Wire Transfer and PayPal for US customers
- Tradable cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic. Litecoin, 0x and more coming
Now the first step is done and we are ready for our first cryptocurrencies. But you may be wondering, where can I find NEO on Coinbase now? NEO itself is not available directly from Coinbase. To get to NEO, we first need Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase and then send these coins to an exchange to buy them with BTC or ETH NEO.
The fastest way to buy BTC or ETH on Coinbase
- Go to the Buy / Sell page on your account.
- Add a payment method to your Coinbase account.
- You can now choose between different deposit methods. As a European, you can currently choose between two payment methods: credit card payments or bank transfer. One factor to consider when making a decision is how badly you need your coins. A bank transfer has lower deposit fees, but it takes between 2 and 5 days for your cryptocurrencies to be credited to your Coinbase account.
- Option 2: You can deposit funds with a credit or debit card. You pay a fee of around 3%, but receive your coins directly.
Both methods are easy to perform and ensure that your money lands safely in your Coinbase account. After the deposit you will receive an email informing you when your deposit was successful.
- As soon as your account has been topped up, choose from the listed cryptocurrencies in the "Buy / Sell" section what is your favorite.
- Enter the amount for which you want to buy bitcoins, for example.
- Now select your euro wallet as the payment method, into which you have previously deposited money either by bank transfer or credit card.
- Complete your order by clicking "Buy".
Do you want to buy cryptocurrencies even cheaper on Coinbase?
Then check out ours Coinbase Guide at. Here we show you how you can send your funds to the subsidiary Coinbase Pro with a little more effort. On Coinbase Pro you can save fees on every single purchase, trade or sending of coins.
As soon as your selected cryptocurrency is in your Coinbase wallet, we can move on to the next step.
Set up your NEON wallet
NEO not only has its own blockchain, but also its own official wallet. The Bitcoin News team uses this NEON wallet and is convinced of its seriousness.
The special: By storing your NEO coins in a NEON wallet, you ensure, on the one hand, that your cryptocurrency is kept safe. On the other hand, you qualify for the GAS dividend. GAS is also a cryptocurrency. You can find more on this topic and the NEON wallet in this article.
Binance account creation
Now that your Bitcoins, Ethereum or Litecoins are in your Coinbase wallet and you have set up your NEON wallet to store NEO, it is finally time to buy NEO. One of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges for NEO is Binance. So the next step should be to set up an account with Binance.
- Popularity: Binance is one of the largest crypto exchanges in the world
- Gigantic selection: Binance offers you to trade over 100 different cryptocurrencies
- User friendly: Trading cryptocurrencies is very easy
- Customer support: Bitcoin News has had a good experience with email customer support
From Coinbase to Binance
- Sign into your Binance account.
- Select "Balance" and click on "Deposit".
- Make sure you select the cryptocurrency that you bought on Coinbase. If you send the wrong cryptocurrency to the wrong wallet, you could lose your money.
- You will now see your Binance deposit address. This address is your new individual wallet address to which you will send your coins. Copy this address and go back to Coinbase.
- Log into Coinbase and go to the "Accounts" tab.
- Click on the "Send" button for the cryptocurrency from which you just copied the wallet address (Binance).
- Paste your Binance wallet address into the "Recipient" field and enter the amount you want to send.
- Click Next and complete the transaction. Your coins should appear on Binance shortly.
Your coins are not on Coinbase?
- In this case, you should simply log into the wallet where your cryptocurrencies are located. Every wallet and exchange usually have a payout function. Just look for the "recipient address" field and enter your Binance wallet address here as well.
Buy NEO on Binance
Now we are only one step away from owning NEO coins.
- Go to the Binance homepage and select "BTC Markets" if you have just transferred Bitcoin to Binance. If you own Ethereum on Binance, choose "ETH Markets". Then simply search for the crypto currency NEO in the respective market. The search bar could help you with this. Click on the NEO / BTC or NEO / ETH market, or on the respective market with the cryptocurrency you have deposited.
- You should now see a trading screen. At first glance all the lines and numbers seem complicated, but don't let that put you off. We'll show you exactly what to do.
- Select the "Market" tab (so you can buy at the current market price). Enter the number of coins you want to buy. Here you can also use the percentage option to use a certain percentage of your balance on Binance. This option can be found directly under the amount (25, 50, 75 or 100%).
- As soon as you have clicked on "Buy", your trade will be processed and your NEO-Coins will be credited to your Binance account.
NEO take off from Binance
We finally have our NEO coins. Now you can ask yourself where you want to keep it. Of course, you could store your coins on Binance. But we at Bitcoin News advise against this, especially if you want to make a long-term investment in NEO. This is how your private NEON wallet comes into play. With you are you have full control over your private keys and thus also over your crypto currencies. Not that you get us wrong, we are absolutely convinced of the seriousness of Binance, but cryptocurrency exchanges are great targets for hackers and storing NEO (or other coins) in online wallets means that a risk cannot be ruled out.
- Go to your NEON wallet and copy your public address
- Sign in to Binance
- Navigate to "Balances" and click the "Withdrawals" button
Select NEO from the drop-down list. Enter your public NEON wallet address as the withdrawal address and the amount you want to withdraw.
Important: NEO is not divisible by less than 1, which means you have to make sure that you only withdraw round amounts when paying out, otherwise you will lose the excess decimal amounts.
- As soon as you clicked on "Send", your coins will be transferred to your NEON wallet. Binance does not charge you a fee to withdraw NEO from the exchange.
Binance is particularly beginner-friendly and clear, which is why we first explained the possibility of buying NEO on Binance. Yet you should know that this is not the only way to to get hold of altcoins. Other platforms like IQ Option and eToro also give you the option to trade contracts. This means that you don't have to own or hold NEO directly but still participate in its growth. You buy and sell contracts that are supported by NEO.
- IQ Option is strictly regulated according to the current laws
- Wide range of deposit options. Payment methods such as Skrill or Neteller are possible here
- We particularly liked the customer support at IQ Option
- IQ Option is a CFD broker (no wallet facility and direct coin holder necessary)
IQ Option details
- Founding: 2013
- Global presence: IQ Option is currently present in over 200 countries
- Large community: With over 25 million registered users, you know that you are in good hands with one of the largest CFD brokers on the market
- Tradable cryptocurrencies: IQ Option has the largest selection of cryptocurrencies offered by any CFD broker we know. This makes IQ Option the perfect choice for anyone interested in the opportunity to invest in a wider range of cryptocurrencies
- Minimum deposit requirement: The minimum deposit at IQ Option is a few euros. So everyone can make their first contact with crypto currencies
- Deposit Methods: Credit card (Visa, Maestro, Mastercard), bank transfer, Skrill, Webmoney, and many more
- Methods of customer support: Telephone, post and e-mail
- Demo account: At IQ Option you have the possibility to set up a demo account and to trade with fictitious "play money"
- App: You can find the mobile phone app in the AppleStore and in the GooglePlay Store. With it you can access the most important functions of IQ Option from anywhere
Risk warning: Your capital could be at risk.
General risk warning: The financial products offered by the company carry high risk and could result in the loss of all of your funds. You should never invest money that you cannot afford to lose.
- Access to cryptocurrencies on a fully regulated platform
- Good and friendly customer support
- You don't have to set up wallets or keep crypto currencies active on this platform either. You can only concentrate on the action
- On eToro you can use the social trading function to Copy the portfolios of successful traders
- Founding: etoro was founded in 2007
- Popular: With over 6 million registered users, eToro also has a pretty large community
- Unique features: eToro gives you the opportunity to look into the portfolios of the best investors. This gives you an insight into the strategies of the trading experts
- Insurance: Funds on eToro are covered and insured up to an amount of £ 50.000
- Deposit Methods: The following types of cash deposits are currently supported: Credit / Debit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club), Skrill & Webmoney; Giropay (instant transfer); Bank Transfer; Yandex
- Maximum deposit: For unconfirmed accounts, the deposit limit is € 2.000
- Tradable cryptocurrencies: Currently: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Neo and Stellar Lumen
- Customer support: Customer support is over Facebook and Email reachable
Risk warning: Your capital could be at risk.
Help with cryptocurrency trading
We would like to emphasize once again how important it is to know what you are doing before making your first trade (especially through CFD brokers). We therefore recommend that you do your own research before risking real money.
You are welcome to read the following two articles that will help you with trading and trading:
1) Beginners Guide to Daily Cryptocurrency Trading
Conclusion on "Buy NEO"
These were our top 3 ways to get your own NEO coins. We showed you how to set up your own official NEO wallet, with which you can even earn money on the side (through the GAS return). We have also explained how you can participate in NEO growth without actively buying NEO. The Bitcoin News team is extremely excited about NEO's ambition to create a new smart economy. Currently, NEO (the Chinese Ethereum) can process more transactions per second than Ethereum itself. We are very excited to see where the project will be in the next few months / years.