Ripple (XRP) Buy Guide | Paypal, Credit Card & SEPA
If you clicked on this article, then you probably have two questions: How do you buy Ripple and where can I trade the coin? When you invest in Ripple, you either buy XRP tokens and then trade through a CFD broker, for example. More information will follow:
There are two ways that you can choose from to make your first Ripple investment. We'll reveal everything in this guide. You should be aware that you will likely need to pass ID verification for either option.
The easiest way to buy / sell ripple
If you are based in the USA, this option is unfortunately not available to you. If you're still brave, just skip to the "Another Way to Buy and Sell" section of this article. For everyone else, the easiest way to buy and sell Ripple is through a CFD broker.
CFD stands for "contract for difference". But what exactly does that mean? With CFD brokers, you buy an XRP contract backed by the value of the XRP tokens. That means if the XRP goes up by $ 100, you will get a return of $ 100 on your investment.
When you are really confident that Ripple price will go up, CFD brokers usually give you the opportunity to take advantage of your position. Leverage (sometimes we call it leverage) of 20x means that an XRP price increase of $ 100 would produce a profit of $ 2.000. You need to be aware that this also works the other way around when the Ripple price drops. Leverage is riskier, but the gains can be massive.
Advantages of CFD brokers
- Unlike crypto exchanges, CFD brokers are fully regulated.
- All you need to do is set up and pass ID verification on an account to buy and sell Ripple.
- With CFD brokers, you deposit using methods such as card, bank transfer and PayPal. Once your account is funded, you can start investing in Ripple.
- CFD brokers usually give you the option to leverage your investment - sometimes with up to 20x leverage options. You should be aware that this is much riskier if the price does not go as you expected. However, this gives you the opportunity to make much higher profits.
- Customer support is generally better than cryptocurrency exchanges. There is usually also a much wider range of contact methods available if you need assistance.
- With CFD brokers, there are no concerns about storing your Ripple, creating wallets and taking care of its security.
Which crypto CFD broker should you choose?
The best CFD broker will depend on who you are and what your circumstances are, our top 3 crypto CFD brokers all offer something different. It's up to you which one is best for you and where to buy and sell Ripple.
Key data on Plus500
- Large company - Plus500 Ltd. is listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Established success story - Plus500 has been in business for 10 years.
- Insurance - Funds on Plus500 are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This means customer balances up to £ 85.000 are insured.
- Deposit methods - The following methods are supported with the specified minimum deposit amounts:
- Debit / Credit Card - Visa or Master Card (min. £ 100)
- Electronic wallets - PayPal / Skrill (min. £ 100)
- Tradable cryptocurrencies - Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, IOTA & Litecoin.
- Customer support methods - 24/7 live chat and Email using the online form.
Do you need help getting started with Plus500? Just check out ours ultimate guide
76.4% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford the high risk of losing your money. Plus500 UK Ltd. is approved and regulated by the FCA. You have no rights to the underlying assets. Please refer to the disclosure documents available on the Plus500 website.
(76.4% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford the high risk of losing your money.)
Key data on eToro
- Established success story - eToro was founded in 2007.
- Popular - With over 6 million registered users, eToro has a pretty large community.
- eToro is different - eToro offers the possibility of social trade. You have the opportunity to see and follow the strategies of the trading experts. Thousands of people on eToro are copying the data.
- Insurance - Funds on eToro are covered by the financial services compensation system. That means customer balances up to £ 50.000 are insured.
- Deposit methods - Supported deposit methods and the minimum deposit limit is $ 200> $ 500 depending on the method: UK: Credit / Debit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club), Neteller, Skrill and Webmoney; China: China Union Pay; Germany: Giropay (instant transfer); Netherlands: Webmoney; Russia: Yandex; Worldwide: bank transfers
- insoles - € 2.000 maximum deposit for unconfirmed accounts.
- Tradable cryptocurrencies - Ripple, Dash, Neo, Ethereum, Stellar, Bitcoin, Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin Cash & Litecoin.
- Leverage - eToro does not offer any leverage for crypto trading.
- Methods of customer support - eToro Friends, Facebook and E-Mail.
Do you need help getting started with eToro? Just check out ours special guide
68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Crypto investments are made by eToro (Europe) Ltd. and the custody is carried out by eToro Germany GmbH. Your capital is at risk.
Key data on IQ Option
- Foundation - IQ Option was founded in 2013.
- global presence - IQ Option has an amazing global presence that serves and counts 231 countries. With over 25 million registered users, you know that you are in good hands with one of the largest CFD brokers on the market.
- Tradable cryptocurrencies - IQ Option has the largest selection of cryptocurrencies offered by any CFD broker we know. These include: Ripple, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Neo, Stellar, EOS, Dash, Ethereum Classic, Tron, OmiseGo, Qtum, Zcash and Bitcoin Gold. This makes IQ Option the perfect option for anyone interested in the opportunity to invest in a wider range of cryptocurrencies.
- Lowest minimum deposit requirement - IQ Option gives everyone the opportunity to participate in cryptocurrency trading. Its $ 10 minimum deposit limit is the lowest of any CFD broker.
- Deposit methods - IQ Option supports the following deposit methods: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, Bank Transfer, CashU, Skrill, and more.
- Methods of customer support - Telephone, post and e-mail.
General risk warning: The financial products offered by the company carry high risk and could result in the loss of all of your funds. You should never invest money that you cannot afford to lose.
Do you want to trade Ripple day?
Do you need help with the basics of CFD trading? Don't worry, we have a guide for that. Just take a look at our article "Cryptocurrency day trading: Instructions for chart analysis" at!
Buying and Selling: More Options
We'll show you how you can buy Ripple in the US too. This second way to buy XRP is also great for those who actually want to own and hold Ripple. It's a little more complex than using CFD brokers, but we're confident you can do it too. The team at Bitcoin-News.one have tested many methods and we think we have found a simple process.
Our 7 steps to buy & store XRP explained
- Create a Coinbase account.
- Convert your USD, EUR or GBP to Bitcoin or Ethereum. We recommend using Ethereum as the transaction times are faster than Bitcoin. Having trouble with Coinbase or confused? Check out our comprehensive guide: How to use Coinbase!
- Create a Binance account. Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange where you can exchange your Bitcoin or Ethereum for XRP.
- Once you have set up your Binance account, transfer your Bitcoin or Ethereum from your Coinbase account to your Binance account.
- If you are logged into Coinbase, go to "Accounts" in the navigation bar.
- Click the "Send" button for the Ethereum or Bitcoin wallet you want to send from.
- Enter your Binance wallet address as the recipient address in your Coinbase account. You can find your Binance wallet address by logging into Binance, selecting "Money" and clicking "Deposit" from the drop-down list. Choose either Bitcoin or Ethereum and you will see your Binance deposit address.
- IMPORTANT: Your wallet addresses for Bitcoin and Ethereum deposit will be different.
- Make sure you get Bitcoin from Coinbase to a Binance Bitcoin wallet address or Send Ethereum from Coinbase to a Binance Ethereum wallet address.
- Enter the amount of Bitcoin or Ethereum that you want to transfer to your Binance account.
- Click “Continue” and the transaction confirmation details should appear.
Go to the Binance exchange and choose the XRP / BTC market to convert Bitcoin to Ripple or the XRP / ETH market to convert Ethereum to Ripple. Do you need help with Binance? Check out our comprehensive Binance Guide
Keep your Ripple safe
- As soon as you have received your XRP on Binance, we recommend that you take it off the exchange as soon as possible and keep it safe in your personal XRP wallet. The next step is to set up your own Ripple wallet and we recommend you get one Safe deposit for maximum security. Alternatively, you can create a free Altpocket wallet.
- Once your Ripple wallet is set up, simply send your XRP from Binance to your wallet address.
How can you store XRP in the safest possible way?
You should know where to keep Ripple safely. It's no secret that cryptocurrencies like Ripple have been the target of hackers. As the price of XRP goes up, we anticipate that this threat will only increase. If you lose access to your Ripple wallet or get hacked, there is no one you can ask for help. We therefore recommend using a hardware wallet for XRP.
What is a hardware wallet? This is a device that securely stores access to your Ripple wallet and protects it from external influences. If you want the highest level of security, a hardware wallet is the right option. The Trezor is the most popular hardware wallet that Ripple supports.
If you choose Trezor to keep your XRP as secure as possible, we recommend ordering direct from the Trezor. We heard from the Reddit community that crypto was stolen from people who bought their Trezor on Ebay. How did this happen? Some Trezor vendors have initialized the device and the Recovery Seed Words written down. The seed words can be used to access the crypto function on the device. These seed words are intended as a backup in case you should lose your Trezor. Essentially, some sellers have been selling used Trezors as brand new and stealing coins that have been deposited onto the devices.
Please note that your ledger will always generate your 24 recovery seed words whenever they are new. If it doesn't, something is wrong and we recommend that you send the device back. If your ledger already has a sheet of paper with the recovery seed words on it, then this is a scam.
Check out a recovery sheet like this one and you can be sure that your Trezor has been compromised!
What you need to buy XRP this way
- History: Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is the world's most popular cryptocurrency exchange
- investors: Coinbase has strong investors such as venture capital company IVP, the New York Stock Exchange, and more
- Easy: Coinbase is known and loved for its easy to use user interface
- Minimum deposit: You can already invest in cryptocurrencies on Coinbase with amounts from € 6
- Regulated: Coinbase is one of the few cryptocurrency exchanges that is regulated
- Insurance: Client funds are insured and segregated
- Deposit methods: Credit / Debit Card, Wire Transfer and PayPal for US customers
- Tradable cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic. Litecoin, 0x and more coming
Key facts about Binance:
- Biggest in the world: Binance is the largest crypto exchange in the world!
- Huge selection of cryptocurrencies: Binance offers you the opportunity to purchase over 100 different cryptocurrencies. Ripple is one of them.
- User friendly: The swap from crypto to crypto is the easiest we have ever seen. We believe this was one of the main reasons Binance grew explosively.
- Customer support: Binance offers multilingual email support.
Do you need help setting up a Binance account or switching from Coinbase to Binance? Just take a look at our Binance Guide.
Key data on Trezor:
- Safety: A Trezor is the safest way we know to keep your Ripple safe. If security is a concern for you, invest in the best security solution for your Ripple.
- Popular hardware wallet: Trezor is the most popular hardware wallet that Ripple supports.
- Dedicated app: The Trezor application suite has its own Ripple app.
Are you late to buy (sell) Ripple?
We think that anyone who buys Ripple today can still benefit well. The cryptocurrency is still in its infancy. Think about the number of people you know who actually own a cryptocurrency. We bet most have heard of Ripple and Bitcoin but haven't invested in any yet.
With regard to the introduction of cryptocurrencies, we think that 15% of the population own a cryptocurrency and that we are therefore still in the early implementation phase of the technology introduction curve. So there is potential for big gains.
You may have read through our second way to buy Ripple and wondered why it was kept so small. Cryptocurrencies like Ripple are too young, so that the infrastructure for an "all in one" solution does not yet exist. The steps you need to take to buy XRP right now put most people off investing, so keep in mind how many new buyers there would be if XRP were easier to acquire. At the moment, most of them don't even know where to buy Ripple.
Coinbase is the most common method used to buy cryptocurrencies. Every time a new cryptocurrency was added to Coinbase, it resulted in a massive price spike. This means that as soon as Ripple is added to Coinbase, a massive price increase can be expected.
What is Ripple's goal? How big is the potential?
Before you decide to invest, ask yourself: what is Ripple doing? We will try to explain this simply.
Have you ever sent an international bank transfer, had to pay high fees and wait around 5 days for processing? If so, you have likely come to the realization that the current banking infrastructure is simply not good.
Ripple intends to modernize its global payments infrastructure. Ripple transactions can be processed anywhere in the world within 4 seconds. That means the introduction of Ripple would be a real system upgrade. Over $ 155 trillion is transacted across national borders every year. If Ripple achieves its goals and is adopted, it is certain that XRP investors will do very well.
Our conclusion on "Buy Ripple"
Our top tip is to be clear about the average valuation of the dollar / euro cost. The problem with investing in cryptocurrency is that it is easy to get into the hype. If everyone is talking about a cryptocurrency like Ripple, chances are it will get overdone and the highs won't last long. As a result, many people buy in a large lump sum and buy in the hype. When a pullback occurs, the temptation is to sell quickly to minimize your loss.
How can you manage your investment to minimize losses?
The XRP's average rating for dollar cost simply splits your Ripple investment into multiple parts and invests a fixed amount each week or month. It is important to understand that this strategy does not guarantee that you will not lose money at all. However, it does mean that you buy fewer XRP tokens when the price is high and more when the price is low.
This will help you avoid a situation where you buy all of your XRP at high prices and then don't have enough cash to buy when the prices are low. Ultimately, when you decide to buy XRP is your choice, but the average cost of the dollar reduces the risk.
Start on eToro, the test winner crypto broker from Bitcoin-News.oneSIGN UP NOW
Your capital is at risk. Not ready yet? Read our Etoro review.