🔥 Stellar (XLM) Buy Instructions | Paypal, Credit Card & SEPA
So you know that you want to buy Stellar Lumens but you don't know how to do it. Don't worry, we have you under control. In this article, we're going to tell you where to buy XLM coins and how to do it.
Is It Too Late To Buy Stellar?
XLM has been around for a long time as a crypto currency and was founded in 2014. This makes it one of the best established cryptos in the entire market. Back then, the cryptocurrency market was in a completely different place. A promising Alt Coin project like XLM could only achieve a market capitalization of $ 750.000. When Stellar first launched, the crypto market only had a total market cap of $ 8 billion, and Bitcoin accounted for 93,5% of the market.
Fast forward to today and the cryptocurrency market cap is measured in hundreds of billions of dollars, with XLM valued at over five billion. This reality should make potential investors wonder if they are late to buy XLM? After all, phenomenal profits have already been made.
With Stellar and every other cryptocurrency, chances are you won't see the types of returns XLM investors made from investing in 2014. A new Gallup poll however, showed that only 2% of American investors actually own Bitcoin and that 26% are interested in it. And that's just Bitcoin, the most famous cryptocurrency. The truth is, we imagine that if you asked 1.000 people on the street if they heard about Stellar, you'd likely only find one or two who heard about it. That means cryptocurrencies like Stellar could have a lot more room to grow than you think.
The process of gaining access to cryptocurrencies is notoriously difficult. Coinbase will go about that far for most people. This means that the cryptocurrencies listed on Coinbase usually receive the highest investment inflows. The good news is that Coinbase is actually considering XLM to their platform to add. When this happens, we can imagine that this easier accessibility will be good news for the XLM price.
XLM Price Prediction: What Will The Future Hold?
Stellar has already forged promising partnerships with companies like IBM and Deloitte. The Stellar network has also started to be used as a platform for launching ICOs, similar to Ethereum. In short, this makes XLM something of a hybrid between Ripple and Ethereum.
Stellar's vision is a noble vision. Helping the two billion people in the world who live without a bank account and giving them access to financial services will not happen overnight. Stellar has the potential to become one of the most widely used payment networks on the planet. Unfortunately, the results take time.
When it comes to cryptocurrency prices, so much seems to be driven by emotions and hopes for crypto projects. So far, no generally accepted method for valuing cryptocurrency has been developed. This means that no one can make accurate XLM price predictions. Quite simply: XLM is worth what people are willing to pay for it.
In the near future, the price of XLM could soar if it is listed on Coinbase. One should be aware that the Stellar price has risen on the news that Coinbase is exploring this possibility. This means that a listing on Coinbase was given special consideration in the price. However, if investors are investing in cryptocurrencies again, it is likely that many will invest through Coinbase. In this situation, the availability of XLM via Coinbase should have a positive effect on the price.
As the cryptocurrency markets mature, the Bitcoin-news.one team believes that Stellar will absorb an increasing amount of new investment. If crypto really goes mainstream as an asset class, we expect XLM to do well.
Where to Buy XLM Coins - Our preferred ways are explained
If you're reading this, it is possible that XLM is already listed on Coinbase. If so, we would recommend buying your XLM there. We simply find Coinbase to be the easiest cryptocurrency to buy for beginners, and we can certainly recommend it.
As things stand now, the best way to buy real XLM coins is by using Coinbase to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum and then sending those to Binance to exchange for Stellar. About 50% of all XLM trading takes place on Binance. So if you use this trading venue, you should never have to hang around to execute your XLM order. Plus, Binance is a great gateway to access the 100 other cryptocurrencies. So having an account with Binance is probably a good idea if you want to buy other cryptos in the future.
There's another way: if using Coinbase & Binance to buy XLM sounds like hard work
We understand that setting up multiple accounts and making transfers between them can be annoying and time consuming. Also, not everyone is that interested in holding actual XLM coins and just wants to expose themselves to the rise and fall of the coin price. If that's you and you don't live in the United States then you might want to Purchase XLM on eToro. eToro is a Difference Brokerage contract that allows you to buy and sell XLM contracts. Put simply, these mimic XLM's market movements and give you exposure to the cryptos price.
All of this can be done in one account and you don't have to worry about setting up a wallet to hold your coins. Unlike many other cryptocurrency exchanges, eToro is also fully regulated. This can be seen as a huge benefit for anyone looking to keep their money on a fully regulated platform. With regard to the special features, eToro also offers trading in copies. This allows you to copy the trades of the most successful investors on eToro, which is useful when you need cryptographic investment inspiration.
First steps on Coinbase
What you need to know:
- Highest reputation: The exchange is the most popular way to get into the crypto market. Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is an OG of the cryptocurrency area.
- The first choice for beginners: The Coinbase interface makes it as easy and simple as possible to buy crypto.
- Fully regulated: Unlike other crypto exchanges, Coinbase is fully regulated.
- Min deposit: Invest in crypto with just € 6.
- Deposit Methods: Bank transfer, debit card & PayPal for US users.
- Insured credit: For US users, credits of up to $ 250k are insured.
- What's on the shelves? Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash.
Spend over $ 100 on Crypto with Coinbase and get $ 10 FREE. Just log in Bitcoin-news.one
Just check out our guide if you want to double-check your account if you set it up correctly.
Coinbase account ready for use? What now?
Once your Coinbase account is created, the next thing to do is to buy Ethereum or Bitcoin. Your plan is to do so and send your crypto to the Binance exchange to buy your XLM cryptocurrency.
The easy way to buy BTC & ETH with Coinbase
- On your account you need to go to the 'Buy / Sell' section on Coinbase.
- Click the 'Add Payment Method' button.
- Select your deposit method: If you want to deposit on Coinbase and pay the lowest fee amount, choose a bank transfer. The downside is that it can take up to five business days for your deposit to reach your account. The fastest way to deposit funds on Coinbase is to use a bank card or PayPal. When you have chosen the correct deposit method for you, submit the payment and wait for your deposit to be made.
- When your deposit has been credited to your account, you can buy your crypto. Click the Bitcoin or Ethereum button in the Buy / Sell section.
- Enter the amount of Bitcoin or Ethereum that you want to buy.
- Select the wallet you have deposited into as the payment method.
- Finally, review your order and click the 'Confirm Purchase' button. Your order will then be processed and your Bitcoin or Ethereum will be credited to your account.
Unfortunately, the easiest way to buy cryptocurrency isn't the cheapest. If you want to save a little on fees, you can use a tougher method with CoinbasePro (historically known as GDAX). If you want to know which hurdles you have to overcome, just read our Coinbase guide.
If you have your Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase, you can set up your XLM wallet. This means that you are ready to get your XLM coins from the Binance exchange as soon as you buy them.
- Available cryptos: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, BAT, XLM, ZEC, DAI, ZRX
- Deposit Methods: Credit / Debit Card, Bank Transfer & PayPal
- Accepted currencies: AUD, GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, SGD
- Support: email and FAQs.
- Fees: 4%
The best free XLM wallet
XLM-Coin is built on Stellar's own blockchain. This means that you have to use an XLM Stellar compatible wallet to store your coins. Our first choice is the universal wallet ethos. Amazingly, it is completely free to use, has security levels similar to hardware wallets, and you can store over 100 different cryptos in it.
Ethos supports XLM coins and is the perfect choice for everyone who wants to invest in other cryptocurrencies in the future. It's easy to set up different wallets for different cryptos. The universal wallet from Ethos should allow you to keep all of your coins in one place. In our book, that makes things a lot easier.
Free all-in-one solution for storing crypto
First steps to set up Binance
You should have your Ethos universal wallet set up and have some Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase. The next step is to set up a Binance account and send your cryptocurrency there. Then you can buy XLM Coin.
There are dozens of different crypto exchanges, so why do we recommend Binance? First of all, 50% of the total XLM Coins trading volume is in Binance. That means you don't have to hang around here forever to process your order. Second, Binance is the most popular exchange in the world and is actually the exchange we ourselves use for most crypto purchases. And finally, we think it's the easiest to use of all the crypto-crypto exchanges out there.
Important information about financing:
- The most popular exchange: Finance is home to the highest volume of trade in the world.
- Large selection of cryptocurrencies: Get access to over 100 major cryptocurrencies via one account.
- A beautiful exchange that is easy to use: We really like how the exchange looks and the software is beginner friendly.
- Customer support: There's nothing more annoying than having customer support that doesn't speak your language. Binance has invested in multilingual support.
Buy your XLM cryptocurrency on the world's largest exchange.
Just read our guide if you can Help with getting started with finance need.
Buy Bitcoin or Ethereum for trading - Here's how!
After your Binance account is set up and ready to use, you now need to deposit your Ethereum or Bitcoin on the exchange. Just follow the steps below and you will have your money on Binance in no time.
Step 1: Find your address for the financial depot:
- Select the 'Funds' button when you are logged into your Binance account. In the drop-down list you will see the 'Deposit' button.
- Important: It is important that you choose the cryptocurrency that you have on Coinbase. If you send the cryptocurrency to the wrong crypto address, you will lose your money. Choose Ethereum if you have ETH on Coinbase or Bitcoin if you have BTC.
- Your unique Binance deposit address will appear on your screen. Make sure you copy these.
Stage 2: Transferring funds from Coinbase
- Click the Accounts button when you are logged into your Coinbase account.
- Find the cryptocurrency you own and hit the Submit button.
- Paste your Binance deposit address into the 'Recipient' address field. Then check that the address matches the address displayed on Binance and enter the crypto amount to be sent.
- To process the transaction, simply click on 'continue'. Your Bitcoin or Ethereum will then be deposited into Binance.
How do I buy XLM cryptocurrency on Binance?
Once your Bitcoin or Ethereum has been deposited into your account, you are ready to buy your XLM coins. Just follow the solution below:
- Go to the homepage when you are logged into your Binance account. You will then see a list of various cryptocurrency markets. The first thing you need to do is choose the right trading pair. To do this, choose 'BTC Markets' if you have Bitcoin on the exchange, or 'ETH Markets' if you have Ethereum. Then enter 'XLM' in the search box and select the XLM / BTC or XLM / ETH market.
- You will then be taken to the trading screen. To buy XLM, simply select the 'Market' tab - this will allow you to buy XLM coins at the current market price. Then enter the number of coins you want to buy.
- Finally, double check your order before hitting the 'Buy XLM' button. As soon as you press this button, your XLM-Coins will be credited to your exchange account.
- Available cryptos: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC & 120 other cryptos
- Deposit Methods: Crypto Only
- Accepted currencies: Crypto only
- Support: e-mail ticket
- Fees: 0.10%
Store Stellar Lumen - transfer XLM Coins to the wallet
Now that you are a master at buying XLM, the final step is figuring out how you are going to be storing your coins. Some people choose to keep their crypto on the exchange. However, we recommend that you keep it in your own personal XLM wallet.
The reason for this is that when exchanging crypto currencies, millions of dollars in crypto currency are stored on exchange money wallet. That makes these barter deals a palatable target for hackers. Since Binance is the largest exchange in the world, it's likely the biggest target out there. You should know that exchange hacks do happen and how you store your XLM coins is ultimately your decision.
However, if you want to keep your coins in the Ethos Universal wallet, just follow the steps below:
- Copy your XLM public address from your Ethos Universal Wallet. If you need help finding it, we recommend that you our guide to the Ethos wallet to read.
- Once logged into Binance, select 'Funds' in the top navigation bar and click on 'Withdrawals'.
- Find XLM in the drop-down list and click on it. Then paste your Stellar Ethos address into the XLM-Coins withdrawal box. Choose the number of coins you want to withdraw and check that your withdrawal address is correct. Once you click 'Submit', your XLM coins will be sent to your Ethos Universal Wallet.
eToro: The uncomplicated way to buy and sell XLM coins
You can probably see that getting XLM through Coinbase and Binance is a long process. It certainly isn't for everyone, and many people are just looking for the easiest way to get XLM. Fortunately, eToro offers investors another option where you can buy and sell XLM through a single account.
Why do people use eToro?
- eToro enables investors to gain access to cryptos like Stellar on a fully regulated platform.
- A wider choice of deposit methods. Many people want to use payment options like Skrill, Neteller, and Webmoney. eToro supports more deposit options than any other option.
- The customer support with CFD brokers is usually better than with crypto exchanges like Coinbase.
- With eToro, you don't have to worry about setting up a crypto wallet. Since it's fully regulated and you gain crypto exposure through contracts, there aren't the same security concerns.
- eToro enables you to find the most successful crypto traders and allows you to copy their trades.
Does eToro sound like the option for you?
If you want the easiest way to buy and sell XLM coins, then definitely check out eToro. The thing that you need to know is that you are not going to buy or sell any actual cryptocurrency on the platform. eToro is a Difference Brokerage Contract that puts users at risk for XLM price through contracts backed by XLM Coins. This means that trades placed on eToro mimick the wins and losses of XLM coins.
Would you like to learn more about eToro & get started there? Just read our dedicated eToro guide & you'll be trading XLM coins in no time.
68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Crypto investments are made by eToro (Europe) Ltd. and the custody is carried out by eToro Germany GmbH. Your capital is at risk.
Stellar is certainly one of those "feel good cryptocurrencies" that could potentially change the world for the better. There is little doubt that excluding two billion people from financial services is a massive drag on productivity.
For many in the cryptocurrency community, Stellar is the project that Ripple always should have been. Rather than using technology to help banks make higher profits, better use helps those most in need. The Stellar vs. Ripple debate certainly divides opinions, and we expect it will stay that way for a while.
The Bitcoin-news.one-Team is also excited to see what new ICOs will be launched on Stellar in the future. Maybe, just maybe the Ethereum project could offer real competition as a platform for the introduction of ICOs.